Earlier this week, we offered a free webinar on Taking Stock of 2020 and Making 2021 the Best Year Ever. This year – 2020 – has been a tough year with Covid and other stressful factors. Winter and year’s end are a perfect time for reflection and thinking of what we individually liked or didn’t like about our lives in 2020. It’s a time to identify personal lessons and insights we can take into 2021 to make it a better and fulfilling year.
In the webinar, we offered an exercise we designed to help people in the process of reflection in this time of Covid as 2020 winds down. We share it below so our readers can ask themselves the questions and hopefully begin to find answers. We invite you to find a quiet place and your journal or notepad and start.
Reboot Partners Exercise: Who Am I Now In This Time Of Change
- What have I learned about myself during this time of staying at home/changed routine?
- What did I enjoy and what did I dislike?
- How did it change my relationship with my spouse/partner? With friends? Kids? Parents?
- How did it change my spending patterns? Did I like that or not, and why?
- What healthy (or unhealthy) patterns did I develop, and do I want to continue or change them?
- How do I feel about where I am living…from my house or apartment to the city and state I am living in?
- How did my work environment change? If working from home, what do I like about it and what don’t I like?
- Am I fulfilled in my work or other activities? Do I have new passions and interests to add to or replace what I do? What new do I want to learn?
- Given my experiences and these answers, what do I want more of in my future? Less?
- What is my ideal situation in 2021…what would I change – or keep the same – about my life?