“All Employees Deserve Paid Sabbaticals“, says Inc Magazine, and we couldn’t agree more!
In this refreshing article, businessman Joe Reynolds gives a number of reasons why giving sabbaticals to his employees at Red Frog Events makes good business sense:
- Everyone needs to recharge. Frogs can disconnect for a full month every five years. A month away allows enough time to come back hungry to tackle the next big project.
- Appreciation goes a long way. I give tremendous latitude, sabbaticals included, and it’s appreciated. People who love their job perform better.
- They gain worldly perspectives. Learning new cultures only helps bring fresh thoughts to the table on your next project.
- Valuable family or friend time. Red Froggers flat-out work hard. A month away every five years allows time to reconnect with a loved one.
- Going outside of your comfort zone elicits unconventional ideas. Being away for a month breeds creativity. My best ideas come during extended time away.