“All Employees Deserve Paid Sabbaticals“, says Inc Magazine, and we couldn’t agree more!
In this refreshing article, businessman Joe Reynolds gives a number of reasons why giving sabbaticals to his employees at Red Frog Events makes good business sense:
- Everyone needs to recharge. Frogs can disconnect for a full month every five years. A month away allows enough time to come back hungry to tackle the next big project.
- Appreciation goes a long way. I give tremendous latitude, sabbaticals included, and it’s appreciated. People who love their job perform better.
- They gain worldly perspectives. Learning new cultures only helps bring fresh thoughts to the table on your next project.
- Valuable family or friend time. Red Froggers flat-out work hard. A month away every five years allows time to reconnect with a loved one.
- Going outside of your comfort zone elicits unconventional ideas. Being away for a month breeds creativity. My best ideas come during extended time away.
Read the full article here, and then check out our Services for Organizations for ways Reboot Partners can help your business take advantage of the incredible benefits of a sabbatical program!