When the coronavirus lockdowns began, we asked ourselves what we could do to reach out to people and be helpful in some way. We decided to share some thoughts weekly on Zoom. The free six-part Reboot Webinars took place every Wednesday from April 8 to May 13. Someone called it Reboot Wednesdays, which we loved. We called it “Shift Your Perspective – How to Use Your Time at Home to Think About What You Really Want to Do in Your Next Chapter.”
The topics on the journey looked like this:
- New perspectives – navigating a forced sabbatical (April 8)
- Journaling: from technique to insightfulness (April 15)
- Circle Goals to plan ahead in a whole-of-life way (April 22)
- Transformational walking meditation to envision your future (April 29)
- New ways to stay engaged with friends, family, and others (May 6)
- Ways to weather the financial downturn (May 13)
Along the way, we learned how to host Zoom calls (!) and shared ideas from our 14 years of work, 11 years of retreats, and two books together. We also developed new ideas relevant to this unusual time, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing faces of new and old friends and hearing their questions and ideas. We thought hard every week about what information might be helpful and thought-provoking as people – each with different circumstances – are working through this time and reflecting on what is next.
It has been a joy for us and has inspired us. We hope those who joined us were inspired too. Certainly, the thank yous and comments indicated you did. We will continue to offer our Reboot Your Life retreats, with one November 6-8, 2020 (COVID-permitting) in Santa Fe, NM, and we also will be offering new virtual Reboot programs in the near future. Stay tuned!