June 21, 2014
Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone can be frightening. With that in mind, one of the most successful exercises we do at our Reboot Your Life workshops and retreats is called “Five Small Risks.” It’s a way to challenge yourself in a non-stressful way. Making change in your life doesn’t necessarily require a whole overhaul of your job and relationships – the beginning stirrings of change just require that you take a few manageable risks that bring in new interest and energy. What we’ve seen is that other new ideas almost always immediately follow from these small, purposeful actions.
FIVE SMALL RISKS
- Decide 5 New Foods You Will Try in a Restaurant or Cook at Home
- Go to 5 Movies You Might Never Have Considered
- Take 5 Different Routes to a Destination and Explore the Areas
- Try 5 New Forms of Exercise or Movement
- Plan 5 Different Exploratory Weekend Trips
- Call 5 New/Old Friends and Plan Something with Them
- Make up Your Own 5 Things…..
Pick one category and do one of the five things each month until you have done them all. Schedule it into your calendar.
Let us know what small risks you’re going to try this month! You can post your ideas and plans on our Facebook or LinkedIn pages, or tweet us @RebootBreak. We would love to track the effects of your new actions this summer – we know they will be meaningful!