June 17, 2011
Did you know that June is “Professional Wellness Month”?
It is a time to recognize the importance of well-being in the workplace and in your professional lives. This may be the perfect moment to examine your own life for ways you can find more of a work-life balance. Here are some tips to get the most out of Professional Wellness Month:
1) Take time to exercise. Even walking around the block every day during work helps!
2) Take time for yourself during the week, it will strengthen your performance at work. Enhance your knowledge by taking a class or special workshop.
3) Take time to reconnect with former colleagues and friends who have knowledge and experience to share.
4) Take a “mini-sabbatical” away from technology to clear and refresh your mind.
5) Add to your vacation time or plan a longer time for a Reboot Break to enable new thinking approaches, and refresh your body, mind, spirit, and perspective.
Our book Reboot Your Life: Energize Your Career and Life by Taking a Break has more tips like these to plan your own Reboot Break. It is available at bookstores everywhere and on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.